Ammonite Pendant | Pyrite Fossil Necklace | Two Sizes | Sterling silver
A stunning pyritised ammonite fossil from France set in sterling silver to create a stunning pendant. The fossil sits in a double bezel frame with a solid sterling silver backing to give it a very elegant feel.
PLEASE SELECT CHAIN OPTION FROM DROPDOWN MENU. 18" Rope chains are complimentary, and upgrades to other chains are available, including 30" chains and snake chains. Unsure which chain length you require? Check out our blog for some advice.
- Fossil type: Pyritised Ammonite
- Source: Ardeche, France
- Age: 150 million years old (approx)
- Medium: 45mm (inc bail) x 28mm
- Small: 38mm (inc bail) x 25mm
- Properties: boosts health, prosperity and good luck.
- History: Ammonoid cephalopods first appeared circa 400 million years ago and became extinct around 65 million years ago along with the dinosaurs.
Postage: All orders are dispatched within 48 hours with upgrades to next day UK delivery available. International orders sent tracked and signed.
- Pyrite cufflinks are also available.
This ammonite necklace is used making a pyritised Ammonite from the Ardeche region of France and dates to the middle Jurassic – 160 million years ago. The chambers of the shell are filled with pyrite, also known as fool's gold. These breathtakingly beautiful ammonites died in a sea that contained a heavy concentration of iron. As the ammonite decayed, it released sulphide which reacted with the dissolved iron in the water.
The interaction of sulphide and iron formed the pyrite which replaced the ammonite cell by cell. Glittering gold and grey pyrite fills the chambers, giving them the appearance of gold.
Please note due to the nature of this product the markings may vary slightly to that pictured.