Blue John Cufflinks | British Gemstone | 3 Shapes | Sterling Silver
A beautiful set of Blue John cufflinks set in Sterling Silver. Due to the natural markings of Blue John each pair of these mineral cufflinks will be unique, so please select your preferred set from the drop-down list.
- Oval: 20mm length 10mm width
- Hexagon: 18mm x 18mm
- Square: 15mm x 15mm
Derbyshire Blue John (also known as Derbyshire Spar, or simply Blue John) is a semi-precious mineral, a form of fluorite with bands of a purple-blue or yellowish colour that was formed several million years ago. In the UK it is found only at Blue John Cavern and Treak Cliff Cavern at Castleton in Derbyshire.
During the 19th century, Blue John was mined for its ornamental value, and mining continues on a very small scale today as only a small amount of the semi-precious mineral is allowed to be mined each year. It is predominantly used to make Blue John jewellery.
We offer this set of cufflinks with the following :
- Postage: All orders are dispatched within 48 hours with upgrades to next day UK delivery available. International orders sent tracked and signed.
- An excellent quality cufflink box
- A complimentary gift card and envelope
- Sterling silver jewellery care sheet
- A complimentary silver polishing cloth