Antique Patterned Cufflinks | Engine Turned Metal Cuff Links | Sterling Silver
We have taken the engine turned Sterling Silver from a damaged antique Sterling Silver hairbrush and used the decently finished material to set into cufflinks. The intricacy of the patterning is very stylish and was popular in the early 20th century.
Size: 15mm x 15mm
Engine turning is a decorative technique in which a very precise, intricate and repetitive pattern is mechanically engraved into an underlying material via engine turning, which uses a machine of the same name, also called a rose engine lathe. This mechanical technique improved on more time-consuming designs achieved by hand and allowed for greater delicacy, precision, and closeness of line, as well as greater speed.
Mechanical engine turned pieces were created by engraving in metal, (mainly sterling silver) to produce fine timepieces (mainly pocket watches), fine pens, jewellery charms, snuffboxes, cigarette cases, and hair-styling accessories, amongst others.
We offer this set of cufflinks with the following:
- Postage: All orders are dispatched within 48 hours with upgrades to next day UK delivery available. International orders sent tracked and signed.
- An excellent quality cufflink box
- A complimentary gift card and envelope
- Sterling Silver jewellery care sheet
- A complimentary silver polishing cloth